Appointment Policies and Pre-Visit Instructions
Policies, forms and pre-visit instructions
*This is a women-only studio. There are no services for men at any time.
Virtual services are available if you're not ready to return or no longer live near here. Click here for service and booking information
COVID policies In Studio:
In addition to long-held and explicit sanitation measures that Calm Beauty Brooklyn has always followed, additional preventative measures have been put in place to further reduce the spread of COVID-19.
However, these best practices guided by the CDC and other authorities still offer no guarantee regarding your potential risk of being infected, as the disease is highly contagious.
Only you and your health care provider can decide if you should have facial services.
- Health screening. COVID forms (and either New Client or Returning Client Forms) must be completed at least 12 hours before your visit. They can be found in your confirmation email or see Mandatory Forms below.
- If you have been exposed to COVID, OR exhibit any signs of any illness in the days before and on the day of your appointment, including, but not limited to: fever, chills, cough, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms, please contact Calm Beauty right away so we can reschedule. The online scheduler will not allow you to reschedule less than 48 hours before the appointment, so contact us.
- Only 1 person can be in the spa at one time. Please do not bring anyone with you to the appointment.
- I'll greet you without a mask but will be wearing a mask during your service. Please bring a fresh mask to wear after your service.
- Arrival: Please don't arrive earlier than 10 minutes before your appointment. If you're early, please wait outside or visit one of the lovely neighborhood coffee shops (closest is BLEND on 4th Ave between 68th and Bay Ridge Ave). When it's time, please ring the bell at the ground floor level Since I am with a client or cleaning, I will answer as soon as I am able.
- Contactless payment is available and is done via your cell phone.
- Calm has always followed all state sanitation guidelines, and uses non-toxic FDA approved disinfectant.
- Air purification system is running at all times and fresh air is circulated between sessions.
Lateness, Cancellation, Service Changes and Rescheduling Policy
The time you book is reserved just for you. Your privacy is ensured because I work with one client at a time and do not take others while I am with you. Accommodating late guests is often impossible without disrupting every other guest's schedule, and I want Calm to remain a relaxing environment for you with unhurried service.
If you are more than 10 minutes late, please keep in mind that I'll need to -
a. shorten the service so we finish on time, and you will be responsible for full payment of the service(s) booked.
b. or reschedule your appointment and charge a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the amount of the services booked.
If you wish to change services booked, cancel or reschedule your services booked, please provide at least 48 hours notice on appointments 75 minutes or less, and 7 days for services 90 minutes or more, to avoid being charged a fee equal to 50% of the amount of the services booked. No-shows will be charged the full amount of the services booked. By giving inadequate notice or no notice at all, you prevent someone else from being able to schedule that time slot.
Mandatory Client Forms & Pre-Visit Instructions
Please complete your forms before your visit so we have the maximum amount of time for the service rather than paperwork. Complete information about your current condition helps me determine which treatments will be safe and effective for you, even if you've had those treatments before.
All Clients: COVID-19 Waiver plus Returning or New Client Form.
New Client or away longer than 6 months? Complete the New Client Form.
Return Visit Client? Complete the Returning Client Form even if it was a recent visit.
Your information is confidential, and will be submitted securely when you click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. Successful submissions show a Thank You page.
Avoid - hair removal, exfoliating products, tanning beds and sun for at least 24 hours before your appointment.
I am at 332 Senator St., Ground Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11220 between 3rd/4th Aves. and 67/68th St. Parking is street-only and difficult, so plan accordingly. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your appointment as I do not have a receptionist. This is a women-only studio, there are no services for men.